The Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors Association is a non-profit organization founded in the Greater Philadelphia Area. The organization is dedicated to preserving the memory of the martyrs and victims of the Holocaust. As direct descendents of Survivors we share an obligation and profound commitment to honor our parents and relatives, preserve our unique heritage and culture, educate our community on Holocaust issues, fight bigotry and hatred and encourage tolerance and equality. We consider ourselves a family of friends with similar backgrounds. This establishes one's individual personal investment in our connection as a group. We hold strong conviction to this special bond, as we share life experiences at social events and educational programs.
Some of the ways our involvement has served in making a difference are:
* Our paramount commitment, supporting and co-sponsoring of the legacy of the Annual Yiskor Memorial Service at the Monument to the six million martyrs, in Philadelphia; in cooperation with the Yiskor Committee Endowment Fund of Federation.
* CJHSA is working together with the Philadelphia Holocaust Remembrance Foundation to institute a Holocaust Memorial Park, designed to enhance the Monument to the Six Million Jewish Martyrs in Philadelphia at the Parkway.
* Conducting our annual Kever Avoth Yiskor Service of remembrance, while overseeing care and dignity of the Holocaust section at Shalom Cemetery.
* Participating in the JCRC Youth Symposium - Dorothy Freeman Breakfast with a Survivor Program and Speakers Bureau.
* Awards contributors to the Mordechai Anielewicz Creative Arts Competition.
* Sponsors of Holocaust Educational Trunks used as tools of teaching, purchased through the Pennsylvania Education Task Force.
* Our interest and support of Gratz College and the Holocaust Awareness Museum at KleinLife, including other educational institutions, has helped to organize statewide programs on the subject of Holocaust Awareness.
* Our commitment to Israel lies in our support of IDF and Mogan David Adom.
* Bringing together our members through our Holocaust related Film Group and Yiddish Vinkle gatherings.
* CJHSA’s Philadelphia Film Education series.
* Working together with JCRC of the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia
For more information, contact CJHSA's answer line at (215) 947-3024 and please leave your name and phone number and a brief message or email us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in CJHSA and welcome your visits to learn more about the efforts we are taking to promote our mission. Your participation and support as an active and contributing member is a vital source in achieving our mission and offers an awesome opportunity to make a difference.
The Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors Association
Mim Krik, President
Rita Ratson, Vice President
Jake Sztejman, Vice President
Marion Wiener, Secretary
Sandy Kopyt, Corresponding Secretary
Lou Blady, Treasurer
Nancy Blady, Asst. Treasurer
Janet Goldberg-Shapiro, Vice President Communications
Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors
Association of Philadelphia
P.O. Box 1127
Jenkintown, PA 19046